My brain is currently swimming in my cranium. SQUISH! SQUISH! SQUISH! I had three meetings today work, to which all of them were at least one hour long. One of my colleagues and I were chatting last week (before a two-hour meeting), and we concluded that we spend probably 40% of our day in meetings, 10-20% reading/responding to emails and the rest of the time actually working. (The email percentage was a 15-minute discussion.) The irony is that most of the previously-mentioned emails and meetings usually have more projects for us to do. It is all just a big cycle.
Anywho…I don’ t have much time, but I for sure wanted to share this before tomorrow. My amazing friend Jourdan issued another challenge for the month of August! You know me. I’m a HUGE overachiever and extremely goal-oriented, so I immediately jumped on this opportunity. I have pretty healthy eating habits, and I know what I am SUPPOSED to eat, but I am no fitness expert. I truly rely on the good ‘ol Internet for workout advice, exercise routines and my new favorite, CHALLENGES!!
Here’s what she’s proposing:
1. Only weigh yourself on the 1st, 15th, 31st THAT’S IT! No exceptions
2. Take full body pictures front and back every weigh in day.
3. Give it your all & share your progress!
1. One meatless day once a week
2. Two no carb days a week (carbs like: rice, pasta, bread, oatmeal, etc)
3. Dairy can be consumed at a max of two days in the week (already lactose free, so that’s not hard)
4. PLENTY OF H20
5. No junk food/fast food
6. I’m trying not to eat out more than twice a week
7. Record everything you eat EVERYTHING
8. Limit snacking
1. A total of 650 minutes of cardio for the month (average 30 minutes a day/5 days a week)
2. Total of 25 miles ran in the month
3. Total of 100 miles on the bike in the month
4. Lifting/toning 3-4 days a week.
5. If you have a gym membership, take at least one group fitness class a week!
She also plan on not going shopping for a whole month, which is a GREAT idea, especially considering the fact that I NEED to be saving for a potential trip in November and some decor for my new apt.
All in all, this challenge is COMPLETELY doable. I am super excited because when I do focus on eating clean and working out at least 4 times/week, I ALWAYS feel so much better. I will post before/after photos each time I have a weigh-in. EEEK!! My fingers were shaking as I typed that. What a scary thought?! I’ve referenced her blog before, but definitely check it out for great ideas on workouts and clean eating!
In the meantime…can someone send me a life raft, jacket or row!? hehe!
Do you like workout challenges or do you prefer to create your own goals?
How much time do you spend a day in meetings?